NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE (IGC)
Achieve recognition for your health and safety skills and knowledge anywhere in the world with the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
NEBOSH IGC IS FOR WHO?
People throughout the world take the NEBOSH IGC because it gives them the skills and know-how to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organisation. It is for managers, supervisors and employees and those who a career as health and safety Professional.
WHY SHOULD I GO FOR THIS QUALIFICATION?
Knowledge – Whether health and safety is your main responsibility, or just a part of what you do, this certification will give you vital knowledge to help you perform better in your role at work.
Enjoyment – You will discover skills and techniques that are useful and practical, not just theoretical.
Recognition – You entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) of IOSH, Membership of ISPON and so many other Professional Bodies worldwide. It meets academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and some higher institutions accept it for master in Safety.
Career Deveopment – For some, it is a first step towards a life-long career in health and safety. For others, it forms part of an important set of qualifications that brings them success and advancement in whatever field they choose.
WHAT EMPLOYERS GAIN FROM THIS QUALIFICATION?p>A Safer Work Pace – People with this Certificate know how to help their employer avoid prosecution, litigation, absence costs and loss of reputation, wherever they operate.
Assurance – NEBOSH qualified staff help his employer become committed to health and safety. This Certificate provides an assurance of safety - something that can help employers achieve recognised standards and can even win new business.
Return on investment – An employee with a NEBOSH IGC has a practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern global workplace.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
As well as covering a range of workplace hazards and methods of control, it includes international standards for safety and health management including International Labour Organisation codes of practice. Further details, including a syllabus summary can be found on our website.
HOW IS THE COURSE ASSESSED?
Candidates are assessed with written examinations for each of the two taught units. The third unit is a practical workplace assessment to help you apply your learning at work and add value for your employer.
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION COVER?
It covers the principles relating to health and safety, identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical application of this knowledge. The IGC syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international standards, such as the International Labour Organisation (ILO) codes of practice. Local laws and cultural factors may form part of the study programme where relevant and appropriate. The qualification also features a practical workplace assessment.
The course is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of international health and safety (IGC1)
- Control of international workplace hazards (IGC2)
- International health and safety practical application (IGC3)
Unit 1 – Management of International Health & Safety (IGC1)
- Element 1: Foundations In Health & Safety
- Element 2: Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- Element 3: Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Do
- Element 4: Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Check
- Element 5: Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Act
Unit 2 – Control of International Workplace Hazards (IGC2)
- Element 1: Workplace Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 2: Transport Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 3: Musculoskeletal Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 4: Work Equipment Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 5: Electrical Safety
- Element 6: Fire Safety
- Element 7: Chemical & Biological Health Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 8: Physical & Psychological Health Hazards & Risk Control
Unit 3 - Safety Practical Application (IGC3)
This course takes 11 days to complete, plus exams. At Clevepronet Limited you are guaranteed pass.
N240,000.00 (Two Hundred & Forty Thousand Naira) You can pay in 3 installments.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US TO MEET YOUR TRAINING NEEDS
- We have very competent, highly trained instructors with a lot of experience as occupational health and safety trainers /consultants.
- We have developed special training courses and materials, available in video and audio book at affordable prices, with lots of on the job practical activities and samples.
- Our training is interactive, engaging, detailed and very interesting. We employ variety of teaching techniques which includes video.
- We guarantee you success on all national and international courses.
- We offer online courses for those who are busy and don’t have the time for a formal classroom lecture
- During our trainings you are exposed to practical on the job experience. For some we take you for onsite practical experience.
- We give free online client support to our clients/student via our website or email.
- We have good and conducive learning environment; all our training rooms have air conditioning and good lighting.
- We offer national and international accredited courses. We provide additional learning support via Facebook page, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, you tube and our blogElement 8: Physical & Psychological Health Hazards & Risk Control
Do you feel like speaking with our dedicated enquiry officer?
If yes, please do call us on (+234)8035648661 between 8am – 5pm daily and we will be glad to attend to your enquiries.